EU MRV & IMO DCS IT System Certification
Our certification service is addressed to ICT providers that developed systems and solutions to assist shipping companies in complying with the EU MRV and / or the IMO DCS. VERIFAVIA certifies EU MRV and IMO DCS systems against the legal requirements in terms of processes and functionalities.
The benefit of an IT system independently certified by VERIFAVIA is to provide assurance to customers and third parties that the system strictly complies with the relevant legal requirements (EU MRV and / or IMO DCS).
Our ICT Partners
VERIFAVIA is the global market leader for the independent certification of IT systems and solutions against the legal requirements of the EU MRV and the IMO DCS.
Certified EU MRV Systems with valid certification
- Bassnet, Malaysia (BassnetTM Fleet Management Systems)
- COACH, Denmark (COACH Performance Management )
- Danaos, Greece (DANAOS MRV)
- DYNAMARINE, Greece (E-mission Monitoring)
- ENIRAM, Finland (MRV Solution)
- Enerforce, Cyprus (Liberty Suite)
- HOGLUND MARINE AUTOMATION, Norway (MRV Solution)
- KROHNE, Norway (EcoMATE® MRV)
- KYMA, Norway (KSP Office Web - EU MRV Module)
- MARORKA, Iceland (Marorka Reporting)
- POLE STAR, UK (MRV Solution)
- SPECTEC, Cyprus (AMOS MRV Solution)
- STORMGEO, Norway ( Fleet DSS)
- Tres Solutions, USA (Tres Vessel Analytics)
- VAF Instruments, Netherlands (IVY®)
- We4Sea, Netherlands (We4Sea Dashboard - MRV module)
- XShip, India (XShip)
EU MRV Systems under certification
- Emerson, Denmark
- NAVIS, Germany (Bluetracker Reporting)
- Power Instruments, Singapore
- SHIPNET, Norway (Ship Net)
- VEINLAND, Germany
- VERTEX Infosoft, India (MRV Solution)
EU MRV Systems with suspended certification
- ABB, Netherlands (MRV Software)
- MARORKA, Iceland (Maroka On-board)
- Meteogroup, Netherlands (FleetGuard)
- SETEL HELLAS, Greece (SeeMBox-V MRV Solution)
- VESON, USA (Veslink)
- VISWALAB, Singapore (VEEMS)
The Certification Process
The Certification is conducted in coherence with the requirements of the ISO 17065 standard.
Application & Engagement
The Application Form is completed by the Applicant and sent to VERIFAVIA. The Application Form must contain sufficient information to clearly identify the scope of the required certification, to estimate the workload required to complete the certification process, so that VERIFAVIA can prepare a quotation and a timeline.
Once the scope, quotation and timeline have been agreed between VERIFAVIA and the Applicant, a letter of engagement together with a confidentiality agreement shall be signed. Afterwards, the Applicant sends to VERIFAVIA all relevant documentation to allow for the initial review of the IT system against the relevant legal requirements (EU MRV and / or IMO DCS).
The following activities are performed during the initial review (depending on the documents provided by the ICT provider):
- Review of technical documentation: technical specifications, user guide, test reports, etc. (depending on the documents available at the time of the certification)
- Check that the development of the system and implementation of (version) controls are performed in accordance with the quality management system and that accurate records of updates and corrective actions are available.
- Check the protection settings for the software (roles management, data encryption, protection against threats, etc.)
Evaluation & Testing
The tasks to be undertaken include:
- For EU MRV, testing of the system and its performances against monitoring and reporting requirements using case studies (fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, transport work, distance travelled, time at sea, aggregation of voyages and data into annual report, etc.).
- For IMO DCS, testing of the system and its performances against monitoring and reporting requirements using case studies (fuel consumption, distance travelled, hours underway, aggregation of data into annual report, etc.).
- For EU MRV, check that the IT system contains provisions to handle various cargo parameters for various ship types (depending on the ship types for which the EU MRV certification is sought).
- Review of records of implemented controls for the development and maintenance of the system (test reports, version control, maintenance / updates plans, etc.)
Independent Review & Compliance Certificate Delivery
The overall conformity assessment process is reviewed by an independent expert from VERIFAVIA who has not been involved in the previous steps. The independent expert will conclude on the conformity of the IT system against the relevant legal requirements (EU MRV or IMO DCS).
A Certificate including a description of the scope of the certification is provided to the Applicant. The Certificate is subject to strict terms and conditions specified by VERIFAVIA.
Surveillance & Changes
Following the delivery of the Certificate of compliance, periodic surveillance shall be implemented in order to confirm the ongoing validity of the successful fulfilment of the testing and evaluation requirements for the IT system. Significant changes in the IT system must be notified to VERIFAVIA who will state on the necessity of a partial re-certification.
Regulations & Criteria
VERIFAVIA conducts the IT System Certification according to the following regulations and criteria:
- ISO 17065 Conformity assessment – Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services
- ISO 25051:2014 Software engineering – Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE) – Requirements for quality of Ready to Use Software Product (RUSP) and instructions for testing
- ISO 14065:2013 Greenhouse gases – Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition
- Regulation 2015/757 on the monitoring, reporting and verification of carbon dioxide emissions from maritime transport ('EU MRV Regulation') amended by the Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/2071 as regards the methods for monitoring carbon dioxide emissions and the rules for monitoring other relevant information
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/1928 on determination of cargo carried for categories of ships other than passenger, ro-ro and container ships pursuant to EU MRV Regulation
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/1927 on templates for monitoring plans, emissions reports and documents of compliance pursuant to the EU MRV Regulation
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/2072 on the verification activities and accreditation of verifiers pursuant to the EU MRV Regulation
- RESOLUTION MEPC.278(70)
- Guidelines for the development of a SEEMP
- Guidelines for the development of a SEEMP_Corrigendum
- Guidelines DCS Administration verification
- Guidelines IMO DCS database