Verifavia is hiring shipping auditors and hazmat experts for its Paris office!
Interested in shipping environmental regulations? Curious about EU MRV, IMO DCS and IHM? Desire to work with shipping companies worldwide? Enjoy global travel?
Come and join Verifavia Shipping - the world's leading non-class verification body for shipping and one of the largest hazmat teams in the world - as a shipping auditor and IHM surveyor!
Full time position available in Paris, France.
Position: Shipping Auditor (EU MRV, IMO DCS) & Hazmat / IHM surveyor
Location: Paris-Montparnasse, France
With 500+ clients in 80 countries, Verifavia is a leading global independent provider of carbon emissions verification services for aviation, airports and maritime transport. Headquartered in Paris, Verifavia has an operational office in Chandigarh, and a regional office in Singapore.
Accredited by UKAS, COFRAC, as well as the maritime authorities of Panama and Liberia, Verifavia is the world's leading non-class independent verification body of carbon emissions for shipping under the EU MRV and the IMO DCS.
Verifavia is also approved by several classification societies to prepare Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) for ships subject to the EU SRR and the Hong Kong Convention, and has established a strong team of 15+ hazmat experts in its Indian office.
In order to prepare for the upcoming December 2020 deadline for the preparation of IHM surveys for existing ships, and to strengthen its team of shipping auditors, Verifavia is recruiting a shipping auditor and hazmat expert for its Paris office.
The successful candidate will join international auditing and survey teams to perform legal verification audits and prepare IHM surveys for ships globally.
- Marine engineer or any other relevant education or background in shipping
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Attention to details, resourceful, ability to work independently
- Strong business ethics and ability to maintain independence and objectivity
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Auditing experience
- Seagoing or hazmat experience
- Other languages
Back to all Verifavia Shipping News