Verifavia Shipping at SMM 2016
EU MRV Seminar
EU MRV experts delivered short speeches focussing on the practical implementation of the EU MRV, as well as the return-on-experience from companies already engaged in the compliance process.
- Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia Shipping, opened the seminar by providing an overview and regulatory update of the implementation of the EU MRV Regulation.
- Paul Woodall, Director, Environment & Sustainability, DFDS and Panos Deligiannis, Technical Manager, NEDA Maritime Agency, then discussed the challenges of the EU MRV from the perspective of shipowners.
- Shortly afterwards, Andre Maggiani, CarbonSink presented a case study on the EU MRV Regulation.
- Nicolas Duchene, Technical Director, Verifavia Shipping, went on to introduce the Monitoring Plan as a fundamental document of the EU MRV Regulation. In his speech, Mr Duchene emphasised that “The Monitoring Plan must be submitted before 31 Aug 2017 to an independent verifier for Assessment." and that "assessment must be successfully completed before 31 Dec 2017.”
- Lastly, Efthymios Chaldeakis, SetelHellas, explained how technology can help ship operators to comply with the EU MRV and introduced the SeeMBox-V MRV Solution - Disruptive Technology for MRV plan execution incorporating the appropriate measurements and reporting requirements in a transparent way.
- Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia Shipping, concluded the seminar by explaining - How to get MRV-Ready?
Interview with International Maritime Journal
Julien Dufour, CEO, Verifavia Shipping caught up with HANSA (International Maritime Journal) during SMM 2016, to discuss the EU MRV Regulation and its implication for owners and operators.
> Read more about the EU MRV Seminar