2022 GHG EMISSIONS VERIFICATION – EU/UK MRV & IMO DCS/ CII
Providing optimum quality emission Verification Services within the ambit of Regulatory requirements is our sole motto. We feel extremely proud to escalate the legacy we have built over the years by maintaining high-quality standards and strive hard to achieve them by building on the trust of our existing and rapidly expanding client base.
We are extremely proud to announce that we are now transitioning to the new ISO 17029:2019 Quality Standards to carry out GHG emissions verification services for the Maritime industry.
It’s an apt time now for the operators to effectively act and provide the relevant emissions data to the verifier in order to meet the regulatory deadlines in a smooth and streamlined manner.
The Summarized details are provided as below:
EU MRV VERIFICATION:
EU MRV regulation is applicable for ships exceeding 5,000 GT carrying cargo or passengers for commercial purposes and calling at EU and EEA countries. The ships must report EU MRV data annually in accordance with EU Regulation 2015/757.
- The verified EU MRV annual emission reports for 2022 should be submitted to EU Commission online portal THETIS-MRV latest by 30th of April 2023.
- Document of Compliance (DoC) should be available onboard Vessel’s latest by 30th of June 2023.
- It is mandatory to have an approved Monitoring Plan prior to EU MRV data verification.
UK MRV regulation is applicable for ships exceeding 5,000 GT carrying cargo or passengers for commercial purposes and calling UK regions. The operators are required to report Annual UK MRV emission figures in accordance with MIN 669 & Voyage data to be reported in accordance with UK MRV regulation SI 2018/1388.
The data reporting template is almost similar to that of EU MRV, the only difference is in the geographical scope of UK MRV Regime.
Geographical scope of the UK MRV:
Below mentioned Voyages are to be considered under the UK MRV Regime:
- Voyages between two UK ports
- Voyages between a UK and non-EU port
- Emissions generated within a UK port for the above voyages.
The UK MRV annual emission reports for 2022 should be submitted to the verifier latest by the 30th of April 2023.
Latest Update on UK MRV Reporting:
As per UK-MRV requirements, all ships above 5000GT calling a port in U.K. for commercial operations are supposed to:
- Have their UK MRV Plans approved by 31/12/2021.
- Collect the UK MRV Data starting from 01/01/2022 (for the year 2022).
- Report & get the 2022 monitored data verified (starting from 01st Jan 2023).
The regulatory requirement for shipping companies to continue monitor vessel emissions and collect data for the years 2022, 2023 and 2024 remains unaltered. Hence, shipping operators should keep monitoring data, and collect sampling documents required for data verification, for years 2022, 2023 and 2024 respectively and submit the verified annual emission figures once the UK MRV digitized reporting platform is ready for submission.
Presently, Verifavia will provide a verification statement along with verified annual emission figures & Provisional Certificate of compliance (Coc) to the Operators that could be handy once the reporting platform is ready.
As per the Latest updates, UK government has allowed the verifiers accredited for the EU MRV Verification by a National Accreditation Body (NAB) to be recognized as verifiers under the UK MRV regime until the end of 2023.
We will keep you posted regularly when some more updates are released by UK Department of Transport.
IMO DCS / CII VERIFICATION:
Vessels of 5,000 GT and above engaged in International Voyages are required to collect data in conformity to the Approved Data Collection Plan (DCP) in accordance with MARPOL Annex VI Reg.27 and report the collected data to the Verification bodies.
- The 2022 reports for IMO DCS should be submitted to the verifier by 31st of March 2023.
- Statements of Compliance (SoCs) should be available on board Latest by 31st of May 2023
- It is mandatory to have an Approved SEEMP Part II & Corresponding CoC Copies prior to IMO DCS Verification.
Verifavia is fully delegated by the following Authorities to verify IMO DCS Fuel oil data & CII rating of shipping operators.
- Liberia Maritime Authority
- Panama Maritime Authority
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Republic of Dominica
It is our continuous effort & strong commitment to finalize all the Verifications well before the regulatory deadlines and to minimize last-minute rush & hurdles.
We are sincerely thankful to our clients for their cooperation, their trust & enormous belief has helped & inspired us for providing persistent quality & reliable Verification Services.
With an aim to achieve desired Client Satisfaction & Complying with Verification requirements. we also extend our heartfelt gratitude to our trusted Clients for their continuous efforts, hard work, coperation& their patronage ofus.
The bottom line of our achievement remains the same.
WE DON’T ASSUME ANYTHING, WE CHECK EVERYTHING!!
- Gaurav Choudhary, Marine Engineer, EU MRV / IMO DCS Auditor
Back to all Verifavia Shipping News