Free EU MRV Seminar, SMM, Hamburg, 6 Sept 2016
6 September 2016, Hamburg
This free EU MRV seminar will discuss various aspects of the enforced Regulation 2015/757 on the Monitoring, Reporting & Verification (MRV) of carbon emissions and transport work of ships exceeding 5000 GT visiting EU ports from the perspectives of shipping companies, verifiers and other stakeholders.
The aim is to provide owners and operators with a good understanding of the key deadlines, requirements and challenges of the EU MRV, and to help bridge the knowledge gap ahead of the legal deadlines.
Short speeches will be delivered by high-class experts and will focus on the practical implementation of the EU MRV with the return-on-experience from companies already engaged in the compliance process. The seminar will end with a dedicated Q&A session.
This free EU MRV Seminar is organized jointly by Verifavia Shipping, Zephyr Trading and CarbonSink.
Location: Room Osaka 1, SMM 2016, Hamburg
Date: 6 September 2016
- EU MRV Regulation Overview & Update (Julien Dufour, Verifavia Shipping)
- EU MRV from the perspective of ship operators (Poul Woodall, Director, Environment & Sustainability, DFDS & Panos Deligiannis, Technical Manager, Neda Maritime Agency)
- EU MRV case study (Andrea Maggiani, CarbonSink)
- Direct Emissions Measurement Systems – How to reduce emission effectively? (Martin Henriksen, ME Production)
- EU MRV Monitoring Plan: content and challenges for ship operators (Nicolas Duchêne, Verifavia Shipping)
- How technology can assist ship operators in complying with EU MRV? (Efthymios Chaldeakis, SetelHellas)
- How to be MRV-Ready? (Julien Dufour, Verifavia Shipping)
To register for SMM, visit the official SMM website
Back to all Events