EU MRV Monitoring Plan Assessment
Every ship of above 5,000 GT that expects to visit an EU port from 2018 must prepare and submit a Monitoring Plan to an accredited verifier by 31 August 2017 for assessment according to the requirements of the EU MRV Regulation.
By 31 August 2017, ship operators must submit to an independent accredited verifier a Monitoring Plan (MP) describing the methods chosen to monitor and report emissions and other relevant information for each of their ships of above 5,000 GT that expect to visit EU ports in 2018.
The MP consists of a complete and transparent documentation of the monitoring methodology of a specific ship and must contain at least the elements listed in Art. 6 of the EU MRV Regulation and the Implementing Act on Emissions Templates. Ship operators must use a standardised MP based on templates established by the European Commission.
The first task of the verifier is to assess the conformity of the MP with the requirements set out in Art. 6 and Art. 7 of the Regulation and in the Implementing Act on Emissions Templates, which includes the template for the Monitoring Plan.
The Monitoring Plan assessment audit
The aim of assessment is to check consistency between the EU MRV Regulation, the Monitoring Plan and the existing company procedures.
The assessment audit is conducted with a site visit at the company's head office and / or remotely through email communication and conference calls.
Regulations & Criteria
Verifavia conducts the assessment audit according to the following regulations and criteria:
- Regulation 2015/757 on the monitoring, reporting and verification of carbon dioxide emissions from maritime transport ('EU MRV Regulation') amended by the Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/2071 as regards the methods for monitoring carbon dioxide emissions and the rules for monitoring other relevant information
- ISO 14065:2013 on the Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/1928 on determination of cargo carried for categories of ships other than passenger, ro-ro and container ships pursuant to EU MRV Regulation
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2016/1927 on templates for monitoring plans, emissions reports and documents of compliance pursuant to the EU MRV Regulation
- Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/2072 on the verification activities and accreditation of verifiers pursuant to the EU MRV Regulation
> Contact us to request a quote for a Monitoring Plan assessment audit
> More information on the required content of the monitoring plan